More Evidence That Aliens Aren’t Trying to Communicate With Us

• 2 Replies

Bad Luck

• wha fuh
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
Some SETI researchers believe the best way to detect aliens is to search the skies for their laser beams. In the largest survey of its kind, astronomers scanned 5,600 stars in search of these optical signals—and they found...absolutely nothing. Nada. Zilch. Here’s what that means to SETI and the ongoing hunt for alien intelligence.

In a new study accepted for publication in the Astronomical Journal, SETI astronomers Nathaniel Tellis and Geoffrey Marcy from the University of California-Berkeley report that they were unable to detect optical signatures of advanced extraterrestrials in over 67,000 individual spectra produced by nearly 5,600 stars in the Milky Way Galaxy. Revealingly, around 2,000 of these stars are suspected of hosting warm, Earth-like planets, suggesting that advanced civilizations either don’t get into the habit of transmitting powerful laser beams across the cosmos, or they simply don’t exist. More

practically, it means we should look for optical signals elsewhere, and expand our search to include an assortment of other potential alien signatures. Simply put, we’re not done searching for ET.
http://gizmodo.com/more-evidence-that-aliens-aren-t-trying-to-communicate-1794428815
I'll make you a MASTER of LLAP-Goch
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

UltraStar

• Fear the Probe!
    • View Profile
Re: More Evidence That Aliens Aren’t Trying to Communicate With Us
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:29:06 AM »
LIES! >:(
We are already on your moon and Mars and living among you on Earth!
We simply choose to stay silent on technology that would have you detect us!  :alien:

Also, I have never personally received a message in a bottle so life on your oceans' many islands cannot possibly exist.

Bad Luck

• wha fuh
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
Re: More Evidence That Aliens Aren’t Trying to Communicate With Us
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 09:19:00 PM »
Good analogy
I'll make you a MASTER of LLAP-Goch
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube