WWE Megathread

• 60 Replies
Re: WWE Megathread
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 10:05:05 PM »
I swear to Bruno San Martino, every time I flip past Wrestling...no one is Wrestling.

Apparition

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 10:20:02 PM »
Monday Night RAW?  That show is three hours now, and has a lot of talking/padding in the beginning and between matches.  Tuesday Night Smackdown is better, with only two hours and less talking/padding and better talent IMO.

One of the reasons why I prefer watching Monday Night RAW on Hulu (besides screw Comcast) two or three days after it originally airs, is that they edit it down to one and a half hours, and cut a lot of the crap as a result.

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 09:41:33 AM »
Cesaro vs Samoa Joe was a decent match.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 10:19:02 AM »
I was really hoping that it would be a swerve, setting up a turn on Sheamus and aligning Cesaro with Joe, Owens, and Triple H.  Just because everyone expects that when Cesaro and Sheamus split, it'll be Sheamus who turns heel again.  Not that I particularly like Sheamus as a face, but sometimes the unexpected can be fun.  Especially if it results in Cesaro getting a push as a corporate guy.

In other news, the rumor is that Drew Galloway (McIntyre) and the Hardys are done in TNA, and aren't accepting independent bookings past April.

Samothrake

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 08:17:40 PM »
Monday Night RAW?  That show is three hours now, and has a lot of talking/padding in the beginning and between matches.  Tuesday Night Smackdown is better, with only two hours and less talking/padding and better talent IMO.

One of the reasons why I prefer watching Monday Night RAW on Hulu (besides screw Comcast) two or three days after it originally airs, is that they edit it down to one and a half hours, and cut a lot of the crap as a result.

It's not as bad as it was at one point in WCW. One night I counted and they had 4 actual matches in the two hour show and they lasted a combined 15 minutes or so. It was pathetic. When I watch wrestling, I watch it for the wrestling, not to see all the vignettes. I don't mind a few minutes to set stuff up, but I'm there for the fights.
It's all true!
Even the lies...

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2017, 11:05:15 PM »
Well, that was total bullshit.

Apparition

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 11:16:12 PM »
But expected.  I kinda figured they would want a belt match for Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania to "up the stakes."

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 11:18:43 PM »
Yeah.  But after Bailey defeated Charlotte instead of putting her first PPV loss off until Mania, I was holding out hope that they'd let Owens carry the belt into the Show of Shows.  Now we're stuck with another part time champion until probably Summerslam.  Just what Raw needed.

Apparition

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2017, 11:23:24 PM »
Maybe, maybe not.  I read that Finn Balor is expected back for WrestleMania, and he's due a championship match.

UltraStar

• Fear the Probe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 03:29:52 AM »
My current prediction for the Smackdown Women's title:
Micky James wins. Fights Kelly Kelly for it.

I dunno. I'm probably wrong yet again. Right now this is my guess. Mainly based on the continuous rumors.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2017, 08:36:10 AM »
I seriously doubt we'll see both female champions retain.  Of the two, Alexa is probably the more deserving of the WrestleMania win after the year she's had, but Bayley probably needs the victory more.  I'd like to see Nattie win the Smackdown match, just because of all the nonsense they've put her through during her time in WWE.  She deserves a title win at the capstone of the year.  Especially if she is the one to induct Beth Phoenix that weekend.

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »
I've had nay seen a he one match, but Bailey is terrible.  Charlotte looked like she actually grew up wrestling in a wrestling family.

Apparition

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2017, 11:02:04 PM »
Sadly, it appears that Paige was the victim of a hack.  Someone hacked her iCloud account, and released several nude photographs and apparently two sex tapes of her.  Word is that it was Brad Maddox on one of the sex tapes with her, and Xavier Woods on the other.

I don't know what's worst.  That someone would hack into someone's personal accounts, then find and publicly release compromising material like that.  Or that after news of this was released a bunch of people asked for links to the photographs and videos.  Or that someone would still be stupid enough to take compromising photographs and/or videos of themselves and put it on the Internet for someone to eventually find and make public.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 11:07:23 PM by Celestial »

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2017, 12:27:01 AM »
There's a rumor going around that Paige herself was behind the hack, wanting to be released from WWE so she can join her boyfriend elsewhere.

Apparition

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2017, 01:06:11 AM »
Possible, but this is the second woman celebrity today, and the fifth in like a week.  Someone hacked into Katie Cassidy's (of the CW's Arrow) cloud account and released about a dozen nude photographs of her performing sex acts today as well.

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 12:00:19 PM »
We had people in our own shop post foots of hacked nudes in Inferno.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2017, 07:10:22 PM »
Regal says there will be new NXT championship belts at TakeOver tonight.  Which is good, because the NXT Title is the third worst belt in WWE, behind the awful Universal Title and the badly in need of a redesign US Title.

UltraStar

• Fear the Probe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2017, 05:47:57 AM »
Ok, I'mma give some more of my fantasies predictions that never pan out:
  • Fin Balor either comes out to fight Samoa Joe after Joe interferes to help HHH against Rollins...
  • Or Fin Balor comes out as the Demon to fight Reigns after defeating the Undertaker.

If Balor were to return tonight rather than on Raw tomorrow (come on, I don't wanna wait another year for a mania demon entrance), being Raw brand it's probably more likely to be during HHH/Rollins but I'd rather see it with the Taker match because Demon/Deadman would be awesome and a Reigns heel turn is much needed. If Reigns retires Taker, the Boos will be deafening. Demon Balor would fix that and end Mania on a positive note.

As for Brock/Goldberg, I'm 99% sure Brock wins it. They won't let Goldberg beat him again.
...right...?  ???

Also hoping for some surprise appearances during the SD women's match as well. If it's not going to be Eve or Kelly Kelly or someone old school, then it's gotta be Tamina. She's been cleared to return for weeks too, hasn't she? (please don't be Eva Marie...please don't be Eva Marie...please don't be Eva Marie...)

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2017, 05:24:17 PM »
Renee's dress is really cute tonight.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2017, 06:09:32 PM »
Luke Harper is the worst at battle royals.