WWE Megathread

• 60 Replies

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
Re: WWE Megathread
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2017, 06:19:57 PM »
Mojo Rawley is going to be the ARMBAR's (this is a stupid acronym) King Mabel.  Seriously.  This does not make the battle royal feel important.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2017, 12:13:46 AM »
Welp, pretty much everything after Raw's tag team title match was horrible.

Remember when they wanted to send the fans home from WrestleMania happy?

UltraStar

• Fear the Probe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2017, 05:46:41 AM »
Holy fucking shit, the Hardys appearance made me freak the fuck out. Not sure why. I knew they were in talks to return but I didn't figure it would be tonight. Awesome turn of events there though.

So here in Vancouver tonight we were lucky enough to have everything from Cena's marriage proposal to the Wyatt/Orton match freeze up on us. Yup, almost an hour of frozen Cena/Nicki screen making us miss the entire Triple H/Seth Rollins match. Good times there. Thanks Telus I'm so glad I'm paying you $11.99 a month for this.  Luckily the encore broadcast right after caught the entire show.

That's another thing. I don't know how it is in the States but here in Canada it sucks trying to PVR any WWE events. They never stick to the schedules. I missed the main event for the NXT Takeover PPV on Saturday because it ran a half hour past the scheduled time so I had to download the show just to see the Rood/Nakamura match. Wrestlemania went an hour past the end time but I set my PVR to keep recording anyway. It drives me fucking crazy having to be aware of this issue for every event. Sometimes I remember to extend the recording, sometimes I don't.

UltraStar

• Fear the Probe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2017, 05:59:04 AM »
Since none of my WM predictions panned out I have more for Monday night Raw.
Nakamura gets brought up to the main roster. It HAS to happen. I don't see any avoiding this. Preferably to Smackdown but Raw airs first so they might go with that instead.
I'm also assuming we'll see the Perfect 10, Tye Dillinger brought up and possibly either DIY or the Revival. Maybe both? Revival to Raw, DIY to Smackdown?
I really thought Asuka would lose her title and be appearing on Raw too but I guess not. Love to see Ember Moon go there but I doubt that's happening yet.

Celestial

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2017, 07:29:28 AM »
WrestleMania was entirely too long.  Especially since the best match of the night was A.J. Styles vs. Shane McMahon, IMO.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2017, 09:08:55 AM »
Yeah, seven hours is WAY too long.  The crowd was dead by the time they got to the main events.

Celestial

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2017, 03:34:15 PM »
Word on the Internets is that WWE just fired/let go Mauro Ranallo.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2017, 10:37:23 PM »
WWE has too many announcers, but Ranallo had potential.  He was a better play-by-play announcer than anyone else they have, with the exception of his jarring "Mamma mia!" once per show.  If he'd just stopped that, he would have been fine.  Report is that he wasn't really happy working with WWE though, and will be headed back to MMA.

Kind of worried about this "Superstar Shakeup" nonsense.  It will be good for Smackdown to get some life into its tag team scene, but pretty much anyone moving from Smackdown to Raw is likely to be negatively effected by the switch.  Despite the extra hour, Raw just isn't developing many people.  Having yet another absentee champion won't do them any favours in that regard.  Raw has three PPVs between now and Summerslam at the end of August.  I figure that Lesnar might show up for one of them.  If the rumor of Vince wanting Reigns to take the belt off of Lesnar at WrestleMania next year is true, it is going to be a very long year for the Raw roster.

Celestial

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2017, 10:40:57 PM »
I just hope that A.J. Styles stays with Smackdown.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2017, 01:52:16 AM »
AJ is a guy that you can build an entire show around.  TNA did it for years, and Smackdown has done it since the brand split.  Moving him to Raw would be a huge mistake.  While there are some great matches possible on Raw (Owens, Cesaro, Joe, Zayn, and Rollins, mainly), Styles does not fit the Raw format.  Just like with the last brand split, Smackdown has become the wrestling show, and Raw the sports entertainment one.  Far better to move Cesaro and Sheamus over to Smackdown, and leave the Owens, Joe, and Rollins matches for the future.  They've all already happened on the indies anyway.  Zayn needs to move to Smackdown as well, he is wasted on Raw.

Besides, Smackdown could have the best worked main event in WrestleMania history if they decide to headline with Styles vs. Nakamura and give them the time they deserve.

UltraStar

• Fear the Probe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2017, 04:13:25 PM »
I just hope that A.J. Styles stays with Smackdown.

I'd like to see him stay too but I've heard Styles might be getting traded for the New Day.
If it's true, at least we might to finally get to see Styles vs Balor for ownership of the Club.
Unless both of them go as well.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2017, 10:44:20 PM »
Even a 3-for-1 trade isn't really worth it.  And I say that as a big fan of all three members of the New Day.  I really do believe that Kofi and Big E both have the potential to be WWE Champion.  But even together and with Xavier as well, they're no AJ Styles.

Celestial

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2017, 05:12:37 PM »
First roster move is in.  Apollo Crews is heading to RAW.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2017, 05:45:48 PM »
Well, it's not like he was actually doing anything on Smackdown.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2017, 08:55:08 PM »
Just leaving this here...

Celestial

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2017, 10:55:09 PM »
That "House of Horrors" fiasco was one of the worst things I've ever seen in WWE wrestling.  At this point, I think Vince and co. need to completely rethink the whole "Wyatt family" shtick.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2017, 11:38:11 PM »
Alexa Bliss was the highlight of that PPV.

UltraStar

• Fear the Probe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2017, 01:32:29 AM »
How in the shit do you safely fake smashing steel steps down onto someone's chest? :o
I honestly can't see how Strowman could have done that without seriously harming Reigns.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2017, 10:02:43 AM »
The steps are aluminium.  Not thin aluminium like a soda can, but still a much lighter metal than the steel that they are purported to be.

UltraStar

• Fear the Probe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2017, 05:04:09 PM »
Can't hinder Jinder.

Also, dammit all to hell!!  >:(
I was hoping DIY was going to be going to the main roster after Takeover.
Why, Ciampa, why??  :-\