I'll make you a MASTER of LLAP-Goch
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

La De Da

• King Arbuckle
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Discovery
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 03:14:15 PM »
Oh, don't read the comment section unless you want the worse kind of headache.  SJW this and Alt-Right that.  Yikes.

La De Da

• King Arbuckle
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 12:44:26 PM »
September 24th is the premiere date.  For the first batch because that's a thing now.

Star Trek: Discovery will launch in the U.S. on Sunday, September 24 with a broadcast premiere that night on the CBS Television Network airing at 8:30-9:30 PM, ET/PT (time approximate following NFL Football and 60 Minutes). The series premiere will also be available on-demand on CBS All Access and the second episode of the series will be available on the service that same night immediately following the broadcast premiere.

After premiere night, all new episodes will be available on-demand weekly on Sundays exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers in the U.S. The 15-episode season will be released in two chapters. The first eight episodes will run from Sunday, Sept. 24 through Sunday, Nov. 5. The season will then resume with the second chapter debuting in January 2018.

Check the link if you outside the States.  This is, of course, up to chance if the football doesn't go into overtime or whatever.

Apparition

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »
I can't wait.  I'm already reading a lot of crying about the mid-season break though.

La De Da

• King Arbuckle
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2017, 08:45:04 PM »
Slightly aged since I had to bookmark it and I forgot it.  Anyway, Nicholas Meyer Says He's Working On a New Star Trek Project

Star Trek fans know Nicholas Meyer as the director of arguably the best film in the franchise, 1982's The Wrath of Khan. However, 35 years later, he’s still working on Star Trek. Besides being a producer on the upcoming Star Trek: Discovery, Meyer recently hinted that something else is in the works.

Speaking (or, more specifically, not speaking) about Star Trek: Discovery to TrekMovie, Meyer said the following:

One thing that has nothing to do with Discovery is that I am working on another Star Trek project, but I can’t discuss that either.

When asked if he was talking about a movie, which is the other new Trek project the public knows about, Meyer vaguely teased that maybe it was another TV show. When the reporter said they assumed there was only the one television project in the works, Meyer replied, “You can assume.”

We contacted CBS about the Meyer’s comments and haven’t heard back as of publication.

The movie mentioned is a sequel to Star Trek Beyond. Last year, news broke that Paramount would make another film with the current film crew but also bring back Chris Hemsworth as Kirk’s father. However, after the disappointing box office of Beyond, there hasn’t been any public update on that project in some time.

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 06:58:35 PM »
http://io9.gizmodo.com/these-discovery-props-reveal-a-ton-about-star-treks-new-1797102750

Hey, lets make the klingons NOT klingons! Fans will love that!

Jagged

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 08:32:24 AM »
I can ignore the bumpy head issue but more of a problem Is the future-past being more advanced than the past-future :/

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 07:49:48 PM »
Also them looking like HR Geiger lizard people.

La De Da

• King Arbuckle
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 09:57:23 PM »
Also them looking like HR Geiger lizard people.
Gorn 2.0

La De Da

• King Arbuckle
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2017, 07:33:04 PM »

La De Da

• King Arbuckle
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 09:06:55 PM »
The show was delayed for quality assurance.

The premiere of "Star Trek: Discovery" on CBS' subscription streaming service, CBS All Access, was postponed nine months to maintain the quality of the brand. Executive producer Alex Kurtzman told the Television Critics Association Tuesday that they "spent a lot of time" discussing how to create this new world for TV that felt authentic to the "Star Trek" universe. Also during that time, executive producer Bryan Fuller decided to exit the series as showrunner to focus on other projects. Kurtzman said "it became clearer and clearer" that the targeted January debut would "compromise the quality of the show," so it was pushed with the blessing of CBS Chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves.

Well, we'll see if that was smart move or not in a month.

Apparition

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2017, 03:23:38 PM »
Discovery has officially been rated TV-MA in the United States.  Which means I'm going to cancel my CBS All Access subscription.  First Star Trek show I'll miss.  Oh well.

Jagged

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2017, 12:02:11 PM »
I assume MA means "mature"?

Is that a bad thing?

Bad Luck

• wha fuh
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2017, 02:01:49 PM »
Cel probably reasonably assumes there will be blood.  Green vulcan blood or otherwise.
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Apparition

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2017, 05:30:28 PM »
I assume MA means "mature"?

Is that a bad thing?

TV-MA means "Television for Mature Audiences."  It means that the show will contain lots of naughty language, and/or gore, and/or graphic violence, and/or nudity, and/or sex.

CBS has already said that there won't be any nudity, so I'm betting on gore and/or graphic violence.  Which is a no go for me.

It's stupid.

La De Da

• King Arbuckle
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2017, 05:41:56 PM »
Okay, why is there gore?  To make it edgier?  It's Star Trek, the only thing edgy in it should don't be a dick to people.

Bad Luck

• wha fuh
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 07:34:34 PM »
It was pretty gory in some of the movies though.  Like in 6 where they literally walked through a mist of Klingon blood.
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• wha fuh
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 05:56:23 PM »
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Apparition

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 09:36:38 PM »
The Hollywood premiere was last night. According to some people that attended, there was nothing in the first two episodes shown that qualified for a TV-MA rating in their opinions. That's some good news.

La De Da

• King Arbuckle
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »
I can safely guess that one on tonight won't be MA, since it'll be primetime on broadcast TV.