Board Game Café

• 7 Replies

Jagged

• View Profile
Board Game Café
« on: February 24, 2017, 05:00:08 AM »
These seem to be springing up everywhere at the moment. At least half the time launched using a kickstarter.

Any new ones near you?

My nearest has the great title of "Chance and Counters"

Re: Board Game Café
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:20:09 AM »
There is a place in Lancaster Pennsylvania, (why does England keep taking our names?) That is a board game / tea room.  Called the Rabbit and the Dragonfly.

Jagged

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 09:23:18 AM »
I am reminded of 'Merican tourists walking through my parents village of Wickhambreau. Who commented on how quaint it was for a cottage to be named after the White House.

Of course while parts of the cottage date back to the Doomsday Book, it's name of "The White House" only date back to 1532.

Cobalt Azurean

• I'm a hammer, and all I see are nails.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 11:22:23 PM »
The one that I heard about is subtly named 'D20 Craft Beer and Board Games' and it's a pub with a metric poop-ton of tables and a veritable wall of board games. I think using the d20 in the name is rather misleading as that die is generally associated with traditional pen-and-paper table top games, but I imagine you could tie a few on during a D&D session there and no one would mind.

Amber

• ملكة الثدي
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 05:52:43 PM »
I've got two, it seems.  Kingmakers, which is at least a name, and the rather boring "Tabletop Game Cafe".  I might check one out sometime.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 09:21:03 AM »
Plus any smart game store has some games on hand for open play.

We have Games Keep in West Chester, (another name the British stole.  Must have been Jackass/ Bam fans)

Cobalt Azurean

• I'm a hammer, and all I see are nails.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 11:14:48 AM »
We used to really only have one sizeable gaming/comic store about fifteen years ago, but since geek-chic is in these days, they've pretty much sprung up one per town.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 11:53:43 AM »
Target actually carries a solid selection.