This Season

• 37 Replies

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
Re: This Season
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 03:05:30 PM »
The Silver Guardian:  A RL loser who's good at games meets a hot girl who's bad at games in the games and they form a doomed relationship I guess.  It doesn't do anything very interesting until the 4th episode.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 03:24:28 PM by Bad Luck »
I'll make you a MASTER of LLAP-Goch
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 07:27:31 PM »
Alice & Zoroku: A military lab making reality controlling powered people loses their most powerful one, named Alice.  It's got a massive Alice in Wonderland boner, and some really awful and out of place CGI.  But the way they show fights is pretty cool.

@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 07:32:55 PM »

I dig the old man.  "Listen you little idiots, people walk around here and don't want to get splattered by giant wrecking balls coming out of the sky.  Now apologize!"

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:43:40 PM by Bad Luck »
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 02:33:28 PM »
Laughing Salesman:  An old one, but whatever.  It's like Osomatsu-san and The Twilight Zone or Needful Things.  A creepy big mouthed salesman gives you whatever you want if you can pay the price.  Like a credit card with  no limits, but everything you buy with it is taken away the next day.  And if you go to somewhere like a spa, he takes your youth.
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2017, 03:08:09 PM »
The World YAMIZUKAN:  Buncha little horror vignettes like Tales from the Crypt but not much personality.
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 03:32:34 PM »
Armed Girl's Machiavellism: A former girls school takes in boys, but forces them to wear makeup by sword point.  For coexistence.  It's a harem fighting anime, but it's not top-tier, and it's not very funny.  The main character is a Gary Stu from what I've seen so far.
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 06:59:11 PM »
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2017, 04:58:20 PM »
Farme Arms Girl: Like Angelic Layer, but totally lacking personality.  What's Angelic Layer like?  A girl joins in a robot doll fighting game with VR elements, with help from a mysterious benefactor.  That's what happens in this too.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 05:00:42 PM by Bad Luck »
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

La De Da

• King Arbuckle
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2017, 07:28:36 PM »
Finally got around to watching Banjo Tylor, and it's differently short.  Running time for both episodes so far been three and half minutes.  It's not bad, but when they get to the point, the episode is over.  I do like that doormat of a robot is called Yamamoto, after the First Officer of Tylor's ship in the first series.

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2017, 09:54:40 PM »
How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend: It's boring.  A dumbass nerd wants to make a doujinshi or whatever and begs his cute and extremely talented love interests to help him.
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »
Sagrada Reset:  I feel like I must have come into the middle of an ongoing series.  Anyway, it's about a town where everybody has an ability.  One girl has the power to reset events up to three days into the past but she can't remember what happened so it doesn't help her to change things.  She meets a guy who has the power to remember anything, conveniently enough.  It hasn't grabbed me, but I'll give it a shot for a while.
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2017, 05:18:58 PM »
Sakura Quest: A girl who wants to be a queen but can't find a job in Tokyo takes a modeling gig in small town to play their 'queen'.  I got bored, couldn't pay attention to it.
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

indestructigal

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2017, 06:01:44 PM »
Sakura Quest: A girl who wants to be a queen but can't find a job in Tokyo takes a modeling gig in small town to play their 'queen'.  I got bored, couldn't pay attention to it.
It gets good reviews. I watched the first episode, but never returned to it. It wasn't bad, it just didn't really catch my interest. Maybe it requires watching a couple episodes?

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2017, 10:26:56 PM »
It's kinda quirky, but the main character is kind of selfish and unendearing in the first episode.  That probably changes but I need something else to stay invested.  Like it reminds me of Bakemon or whatever it was, the small town calligraphy show.  The kid in that was a lot of fun to watch.
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

indestructigal

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2017, 11:45:58 AM »
Knight's & Magic (crunchyroll) - three episodes watched
An otaku programmer is born into another world where giant magic robots battle demons. He uses his genius programming skills to revolutionize the magic robot industry.

It's a bit simplistic and the main character is a bit too perfect. It's undemanding and mildly enjoyable so far.

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu (crunchyroll) - two episodes watched
Based on a mobile game, I think. Time traveling historical blades turned into attractive young men fight the Time Retrograde Army to save history.

The animation is very pretty even if the story is a bit thin. Another mildly enjoyable show.

the Reflection (crunchyroll) - one episode watched
Stan Lee's new anime where people have super powers after a mysterious global event known as the Reflection.

It's almost like a lite version of Darker Than Black. The art style is also weirdly simplistic ... all dark lines and blocks of color. Probably meant to look like a comic?
I've only watched one episode, but it seemed a bit weird. It's not pretty enough to watch just for the visuals and I'm not convinced the story will be strong enough to carry it.

In Another World with My Smartphone (crunchyroll) - one episode watched
God accidentally kills a young man and offers to resurrect him in another world. He ends up in a fantasy world with his still-working smartphone, where he meets two young adventurers with whom he teams up.

Feels a little like "So you want to pick up girls in a dungeon." It's charming and comfortable.

The only show I really look forward to watching is My Hero Academia. I also like Re:Creators, but you get three plodding episodes for every one exciting episode. So, it's a distant second. All the shows above are fine, but not good enough that I look forward to them each week. A bit disappointed in the Reflection.

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2017, 02:26:01 PM »
The Royal Tutor:  It's shojo.  A bunch of pretty idiot boys who are princes are tutored by a guy who looks exactly like a kid but actually isn't.  Pretty standard stuff.  Gonna pass.
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2017, 11:34:33 PM »
Did we talk about Kemono Friends yet?  It's a low budget anime about anthropomorphized animals who live in a safari zoo type of park, there's a mystery involving what happened with the humans, and tons of animal facts.  The characters are pretty well designed and very cute, which made it an unexpected hit.  Anyway, it's getting a 2nd season eventually.
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube

Bad Luck

• Smug
    • View Profile
    • Bad Luck
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2017, 11:35:35 PM »
@MisterPiggins
Bad Luck on Youtube