I obtained this ridiculously oversized game recently.

• 5 Replies
I obtained this ridiculously oversized game recently.
« on: March 08, 2017, 03:11:19 PM »
It was a kickstarter several years ago and I believe fulfilled in 2013. I ran into someone who had a spare kickstarter version willing to sell it to me for what he paid for it, so I went for it, and yeah, now I have a game that barely fits into my home. But hey, I've liked Ogre since like the 80s.

Also it allows me to post videos but not other external links?

Anyway, if anyone's curious about the kickstarter, it's Ogre Designer's Edition.

Also, Steve Jackson Games put a massively scaled down Ogre game on the market a few months ago (Ogre Sixth Edition). Same basic pieces but a lot fewer of them and only one map. The ODE went for $100 but had like $300 worth of components, and 6e goes for $50.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:13:41 PM by Belle Sorciere »

Apparition

• View Profile
    • Comic Books Chat
Re: I obtained this ridiculously oversized game recently.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »
I can't view the video until I get home, but from the picture that looks like a huge set of miniatures.  Nice!

As to the links, you have to have a minimum of ten posts before you can post a link.  See this thread.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 05:36:53 PM »
They're not so much miniatures as cardboard figures assembled from interlocking pieces.

Still pretty cool, though.

Samothrake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 08:52:29 PM »
I bought the OGRE game for DOS years ago. Wasn't able to make much sense of it back then. But still, this game seems like it would make a great turn-based strategy PC game. And with today's graphics, it would look great.
It's all true!
Even the lies...

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 03:18:34 PM »
An Ogre PC game is in the works.

It's actually a pretty straightforward game, as far as wargames go.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 04:29:05 PM »
Google "Auroch Digital" + Ogre + "Steve Jackson Games" and you'll get at least the note that they're working on it.

There hasn't been much real news, though. Hopefully as we draw closer to the release date there will be more information.

And I am still not allowed to post external links. >:(